background

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Fall Sparkle Card



This card is my attempt to usher in Fall here in Texas!  We had a little relief last week but today, we hit 106 and broke the record for most 100+ degree days in a year!  Today was #70 and tomorrow we are expected to reach 100.  The weathermen are promising that cooler temps will arrive on Thursday and hopefully we will say "see ya later" to triple digits.

Anyhoo, I  created this for the current challenge at www.heart2heart challenges.blogspot.com.  I also believe it will become my Father-in-laws bday card.  The challenge was to create something using diecuts and OF COURSE I used the Cricut and the Art Philosophy cartridge.  I've never worn out a cartridge from over use but this one may just be the first! 

The bit of patterned paper I used for the frame is from Dreamin' paper pack.  The leaves, acorns and sentiment were all cut with the AP cart and stamped with the fabulous coordinating stamp set "Harvest Happiness".  I also used a stamp from this set to create the subtle background on the card base.  The card base with the leaf cutout is from the AP cart as well.   I backed the cutout with packing tape, sticky side out, and then covered it with Opal Fire glitter from Martha Stewart.   The dots on the points of the frame are from our new Bronze Glitz glitter glue.  I shined up the leaves and acorns with a coating of Liquid Glass.

The card was good at tthat point but I really thought it needed one last finishing touch so I added the knotted ribbon for a little panache!

Everything but ribbon and glitter is from Close To My Heart.  Ink colors used: Goldrush, Chocolate, Brown Bag, Autumn Terra Cotta, Desert Sand and Sorbet.

4 comments:

  1. What a wonderful pretty card!! I will be so happy to have the nice cool temperatures of fall here in Georgia. Have a wonderful week, Hugs, Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Queen Bee! Nice blog you have here!! Great card! You left a comment on my blog asking for an invitation to pinterest. Send your email address to cc.ladybug.com and I will send you an invite!!

    Creatively

    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is definitely beginning to look and feel like fall! Thanks so much for sharing your gorgeous creation with us at H2H Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty fall card--the glitter glue and Liquid glass really makes those shapes pop!

    ReplyDelete