background

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Be Part of the Cure!

I'm taking a break from my Monday Musing today to ask for your help.  On March 31 I will be participating in Walk MS for the tenth time to raise vital funds for multiple sclerosis research and assistance to clients.  I was diagnosed with MS in November 2001.  MS was described as a disease for the first time in 1868.  For 125 years (1868-1993) there was NO TREATMENT available to slow the progression of the disease. 

However, with the funding of the National MS Society, in the last few years EIGHT drugs have been approved to reduce disease activity or slow the progression.  Just last year, I was able to cease weekly shots when the first pill was introduced to slow progression. We still do not have a cure, so each dollar is needed.
If you would like to be part of the cure, please donate to my team (Mighty Spirit) here:   
http://main.nationalmssociety.org/goto/MightySpirit1

Thank you so much for your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment