background

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

My First Recipe Post-Pumpkin Bars

Hello to my blog readers.  I know it's outside my norm but today I have a recipe for you!  I haven't been creating in my scrap room this week but I have been creating yummy food in my kitchen for the big day!  Here in America, we will gather as families and friends and celebrate the spirit of gratitude on Thursday.  Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays because it's not about gifting, it's about giving thanks.

I am so thankful to my Creator for His provision and for His love.  He has blessed me with a wonderful husband, 3 amazing sons and a daughter-in-love that is so very special.  I pray you have a blessed Thanksgiving Day!

This recipe is from my sister-in-law who got it from her Pennsylvania family.  They are delicious! If pumpkin pie is too heavy in the pumpkin flavor for you, you will love these.  They have all the pumpkin pie goodness in a cake-like bar without the pumpkin being overwhelming. Hope you take a few minutes to make them today.

Pumpkin Bars
   4 eggs
   2 cups sugar
   1 can pumpkin
   1 cup vegetable oil
   2 teaspoons baking powder
   1 teaspoon baking soda
   1 teaspoon cinnamon
   2 cups flour
   3 ounces cream cheese
   3/4 stick butter
   1 teaspoon vanilla
   3 cups powdered sugar

Beat together eggs, sugar, pumpkin and oil.  Add baking powder, soda, cinnamon and flour.  Bake on jelly roll pan at 350* for 30 minutes.  Beat together cream cheese, butter, vanilla and powdered sugar.  Spread on bars.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment