background

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Spool Wreaths





















I have been super busy getting ready for 3 upcoming craft shows in November.  These 2 wreaths are 2 items I am hoping will sell well.  If not, I have a head start on Christmas gifts! I had seen a similar wreath to the star one on Pinterest    and knew I had to make some.  My mom used to sew all of my and my 2 sisters' dresses and she never threw anything away.  Lucky me!  I remembered that she probably had a ton of old wooden spools and I was right.  She was glad to get them out of her house and I was thrilled to take them!

I spray painted the spools red and then covered the 1st set in scraps of Close To My Heart "Believe" papers.  I cut 2 stars using the Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge and glued them together to make the center star a bit more sturdy.  I had been given some wooden beads recently and was excited to see some of them were red.   Score!  I threaded the spools and beads on red wreath wire and added a bow and the star.  I really like the way it turned out.

The 2nd wreath was started the same way but I covered the spools with baker's twine instead.  The stocking was cut with the AP cart as well and then stamped with the coordinating stamps.  I'm not sure which wreath is my fave.  How about you?

Come back Thursday when I will announce the winner from my Inspired Stamps drawing for reaching 150 followers!

No comments:

Post a Comment