background

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

A Reason to Celebrate


My in-laws will celebrate their 50th anniversary this Friday.  In August  I posted about my parent's 65th anniversary.  We are so thankful both sets of parents have left such an amazing legacy of love and commitment.  Their examples are so important for their children and grandchildren.

I created my in-laws a similar shadowbox to the one I made my parents.  I think they will really love it.  I used the Wings paper from Close To My Heart.  I cut the flowers and journal box with the CTMH Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge .  I think my fave way to do these flowers is to use the Colonial White cardstock and then ink the edges after rolling-so pretty!

The card photo does not do it justice but all that gold just wouldn't let get a good photo. I used the CTMH Universal Background music stamp for the back of the frame and embossed it in gold, the rose is from the CTMH Sweet Moments stamp set-also embossed.  The frame was cut with Art Philosophy and I ran the edges of it and the card through Versamark ink before sprinkling with embossing powder and heating to glimmering goodness.  The word is from the Art Philosophy coordinating stamp sets.

I bought a new toy at Michael's yesterday and went a little crazy with the gold gems using my new I-Rock.  I love this gadget!

As always, click on the photos to see more detail.  Have a wonderful rest of your Wednesday!

1 comment:

  1. Thats great about the anniversaries. Lovely card and I have been wanting to get one of those I-Rock...Fun fun. Kim xx

    ReplyDelete