background

Saturday, May 18, 2013

Mixed Media with Inspired Stamps

I

Good  Saturday everyone! I had so much fun with this project! It really came together quickly and will now go in my kitchen as soon as we are done painting the walls.  If you have been visiting Inspired Stamps this month then you know we have been having a ball with Mixed Media projects.  

I chose to alter a wooden frame I picked up at Michael's for less than $2.  I first sprayed it with cherry Color Shine from Heidi Swapp.  After a few minutes it was dry enough to stamp.  


For the stamping, I used the hymn stamp from the Background Stamp Set and Memento ink.

For the ribbon, I used my favorite seam binding and sprayed it with the same spray as I used for the frame.  After spraying it, I used a paper towel to crumple it into a ball and then let it dry.  For the center of the frame,  I stamped a verse from the new stamp set Draw Near from Inspired Stamps.  I finished it off with washi tape, a fabric flower and some bling.  

2 comments:

  1. I love this idea, Queen Bee. It turned out great. Thanks for sharing and have a great day in the Lord tomorrow. Linda E.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty--I like the stamping on the frame.

    ReplyDelete