background

Monday, January 28, 2013

Joyful Jumping


 
 If you saw the card in the previous post, then you know today's scripture focus is Psalm 28:7.  The NIV says this "The Lord is my strength and my shield;  my heart trusts in him, and he helps me. My heart leaps for joy,  and with my song I praise him." and The Message phrases it this way "Blessed be Godhe heard me praying. He proved he’s on my side; I’ve thrown my lot in with him. Now I’m jumping for joy, and shouting and singing my thanks to him."

Do you jump for joy at the thought of your heavenly Father being your strength and hearing your prayers?  I promise, if you do a little joyful jumping, your heart will fill with joy unspeakable and be full of glory.  At the least, those around you will have a great laugh!   I always thought I understood this scripture but it did not become part of my very being until I was weakened by MS and spinal stenosis.

When I can not make it on my strength, He is there with his strength to uplift and strengthen me.  Many days you will hear me tell the Lord that I do not have the strength I need to face the day and He is my only strength.  He hears those words and gives me the portion of power that I need for the day.

My vision of His shield had always been the traditional thought of a "knight's shield" that would be held in front of him but leave his back vulnerable. However, my imagination was sparked a few years back when I was watching the children's movie, "The Incredibles".  The daughter, in the film, was able to surround herself and her family with a bubble shield to protect them from the enemy's attack.  That is now how I see the shield my God uses for me.  He surrounds me on all sides from the enemy's fiery darts!  Knowing God's got my back and every other side makes me jump for joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment