background

Friday, March 25, 2011

Sweet Baby or Easter Basket


The challenge at www.heart2heartchallenges.blogspot.com this week is to create a baby item.  I decided to make something that would work for baby or Easter.  This basket started life as a vintage fruit box that you used to get at fruit stands.  My husband cleaned his parents' attic and found several of these.  Since he knows me so well, he knew I would repurpose them into something!

This is the perfect size to fill with baby stuff like powder, shampoo, washcloths or even diapers and sit out on the dresser or changing table.  I used the beautiful papers from the Sophia Collection from CTMH. 

The bunnies are from the CTMH stamp set A Hop.  I used Pear ink and 2nd generation stamped them.  I then cut them out and stamped them in Pear and Hollyhock ink with the flowers from the Tea Time stamp set.  I used our foam tape (LOVE this stuff) to pop them up and placed rhinestone flowers behind them (from Michaels).  The "Happy" is from the Sophia Stickease and has $1 rhinestones added from M's.

I used Pear ink again to color the Kraft Color-ready border (so INEXPENSIVE & so FUN) and attached to the top edge.  The final touch is the gorgeous ribbon flowers from Close To My Heart.  Hope you likey-leave me some love and let me know whatcha think!

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful project! Way to recycle :) Thanks for playing at H2H!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute basket. I love that you can use it for either baby or Easter! Thanks so much for sharing with it us at H2H! *Ü*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Belinda,
    Please enter this in the Fabulous Friday Challenge @ Frosted Designs. There's a link on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful gift, and the papers are just so pretty, this gift is going to be very much loved by someone.

    Thank you for joining us at Frosted Designs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet basket! Lovely job redecorating it :)
    Thanks for sharing it with us at H2H!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So awesome, thanks for entering in the Fabulous Friday Challenges over at Frosted Designs. So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How lovely to give this as a baby gift! Thanks for playing along at H2H this week Belinda :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Belinda,
    This is a great way to recycle the baskets. Kudos to your husband for saving them for you. I actually still have my kids baskets from when they were infants. I took it with me into the bath every time.
    Thanks for joining us at H2H!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous basket. Sophia looks great on it. Thanks for sharing it with us at H2H!

    ReplyDelete