background

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Double Duty Card Becomes a Layout

I got into paper art to scrapbook and if asked I would say I'm a scrapbooker vs. a card maker.  But, it seems I make more cards because they are so quick and easy.  However, I'm not very good at giving them away!  So, I find myself with a huge stockpile of cards and not enough scrapbook pages for my photos.  To solve my dilemma, I am going to start creating "scards".  In other words, I will create card fronts as the mood strikes but I will not adhere them to a card base.  I will stockpile them for use on a scrapbook page or a card.  This is my 1st example of a scard.  I think it looks great on the layout and as a card.  Let me know what you think!

  
Some special techniques I used were
1.  adorable mum flowers that Connie McFarlane has done a video on here:  http://paperpleatsandribbonroses.blogspot.com/2011/02/easy-paper-flowers.html  So cute and EASY PEASY
2.  colored the Kraft borders with a sponge and my ink pad.  These self adhesive
 borders are very economical and so very versatile.  You get 50 12" asst. borders for under $4 !!
3.  The butterflies are actually part of a stamp that includes a film strip.  I only wanted the butterflies so I cut off the film strip.  I can still use both together later but this makes it more versatile. I Love My
Acrylix stamps for so many reasons but being able to customize them like this is a huge plus.
4.  I wanted to use the "quilt" paper on this layout but a strip of it just didn't have the right look so I just used my trusty scissors to cut out the squares.  Perfect!

Recipe:
Mayberry Papers from Close To My Heart
Kraft Color-Ready Borders by CTMH (GREAT buy and SOOO versatile)
Butterfly Brads from Bliss Collection by CTMH
Take a Picture Stamps from CTMH
Oval Punch from CTMH
Goldrush and Topiary Inks from CTMH
Flowers created from my stash
Stickles
Turn That Frown Upside Down sentiment stamp found at www.creativetimeforme.com

1 comment:

  1. You are SO smart! I have the same problem, and need to do that too, thanks for the brilliant inspiration! I'm glad I discovered your blog - My daughter and I are just starting a blog called Reviving the Basics, if you'd like to stop by. It is just tiny, but hopefully we can do as good as you have! I love your creativity coupled with sharing your fabulous faith. We also rejoice in Chirst. Thank you for the double inspiration!

    ReplyDelete