background

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Bird Canvas-Ice Day Project





This is what I spent my "iced in" day doing.  This is day 2 and apparently tomorrow will be the same so I would love to join this bird in flying the coup! 

I started with a plain canvas that I painted with a mixture of CTMH Perfect Pearls paint and Vineyard Berry re-inker.  I then adhered 3 papers from the gorgeous CTMH Wings collection.  I used a 4th pattern from the same collection to die cut the cage (Tim Holtz Sizzix die).  I cut a 2nd cage in Kraft cardstock to adhere to the back of the patterned paper to make it sturdy.  To give it a 3D look, I bent it out in the middle and adhered with CTMH Liquid Glass.  The heart charm is from a broken bracelet-I always save broken jewelry for future projects.  The sentiment is from a pack of vellum quotes I bought on clearance.  I used Vineyard Berry ink and Juniper ink from CTMH to ink the bird-CTMH January Stamp of the Month.  The flowers were made from old sheet music using the spiral flower technique.  I added some brass looking flowers in the center and to the side.  The larger brass flower and leaves are from Tim Holtz, the others are CTMH.  The lace is from Michaels.  I finished it off with stick pins, rhinestones and gold pearls.

Stay warm and leave me some love!

No comments:

Post a Comment