background

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Hi everyone, another entry for www.heart2heartchallenges.com.  I'm glad they spark my creativity each week.  This is a layout of my TX Redbud tree a few weeks ago when it was Spring here for a few days.  We are hitting the 3 digits now and summer is in full swing already! 

I used papers from the Cherry-O Collection.  One thing I love about Close To My Heart papers is they're double-sided.  So this is 1 sheet of paper with one side blue and the other side pink.  The letters, scalloped borders and flower stick-ease are also from the Cherry-O Collection.   So versatile!  The cute little bees are from the Spring Petite Perks stamp set.  I used our Glitz glitter glue to add sparkle.  The flower is Prima and I used a "homemade" mixture of water, CTMH Pearl Paint and Hollyhock Re-inker to spritz it.  The brads are from Basic Grey.  I used my new CTMH foam brush dabbed in Chocolate ink to burnish the edges of the whole thing.  Thanks for looking!  Oh, did you spot the real bee?

4 comments:

  1. Love the photos! So pretty. Thanks for playing along with H2H!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, found the bee! I love the way all the bees sparkle with that Glitz, what a great idea! Glad you could play with us this week!

    ReplyDelete