background

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Joy Triptych




I made this triptych out of 3 "mdf" tags that came in a kit for a wedding type photo display that I found on clearance months ago.  I kept looking at them knowing they could be something different and here they are.  I used spray adhesive to adhere the background papers (so much easier and better look than mod podge).  I then used pigment ink in brown and gold to give the sides a finished look.  I cut out the stars, angels, peace and background of tree using a shiny thick paper with the Joys of The Season cart from Cricut. The love was cut from Home Accents.   I then used alcohol inks in butterscotch, brown and copper to alter those images.  The word joy was cut from the Storybook cart  I also used the same alcohol ink for the background of Joy.  The angel charms on the word joy were purchased from Hobby Lobby.  The green tree was cut from the Lyrical Letters cart and I used Design Studio to weld the stand from JOTS.  I adhered gold crystal to the tree.  I used the Xyron to adhere all the words and images.  The eyelets and hinges were originally silver so I put them in a baggy with a few squirts of the copper and brown alcohol inks and smooshed them around until they were antique looking.  I attached the eyelets and hinges and voila a lovely Christmas decoration!

No comments:

Post a Comment